Wednesday, June 15, 2011

1958 Simca Aronde

This is a 1958 Simca Aronde. This was the ultimate in luxury cars in France in those days. I found this one in a barn a few years ago and I am verrrrry slowly restoring it.
My current task is reupholstering it in striped canvas of various colors like pink, purple, cream and beige. I know it sounds cheesy. It is! The original fabric blue and gold fabric was created for Queen Elizabeth's state visit to France in '58. It was used in few Simca cars and a few Air France planes that year. Not readily available.
I've finished hand sewing the lower front bench seat and this evening I'll sit on the terrace and start on the split upper portion while preserving the original precious Naugahyde.
Currently 30C in my office at 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment