Sunday, March 6, 2016

Olonzac Retirees Luncheon

The Olonzac Retirees Luncheon

Saturday March 5th was the annual Olonzac Retirees luncheon and I faked my ID to get in. Well, actually I was entitled as a 60 year old. 
There was a 5 course meal served over five and a half hours, and all the local co-op wine that you could drink, with a cabaret show that spread out over the course of the afternoon. The Mayor was not there this year, a ski weekend in the Pyrenees for him, but I don't think he was really missed. Four lovely ladies put on a show that was highly entertaining for a crowd of about 150 to 200. There was a bit of a Marylin Monroe theme in that three of the women performed and sang together, very well too, in blonde wigs, songs from the 40's to the 90's.
It was my first time but it seems the shows are always cabaret style and often include drag queens. The food was catered by the local butcher with a lot of volunteer staff. With fish, salad, roast duck, cheese and desert it was a very tasty meal. 
I wanted to include a photo of the belly dancer but unfortunately the images were a bit shaky. Last year one of the older men took a turn during the show and the fear was heart attack. It turned out he was just a bit over excited.
My thanks to the Mayor and all those involved. 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment